My Tip Jar tip: Make your Resolution Early. Make your New Year's resolution now and you will be so ahead of the game! Here are the top 10 New Year's Resolutions and how to start them now:
1) Spend more time with family and friends. Get Skype and visit your loved ones without leaving your couch. Heck, you don't even have to shower, dress, or primp.
2) Get in shape. Can you say Wii? The Wii virtual games will make you forget you are even exercising! If you are a couch potato, consider booting up and shaping up with one of the great exercise programs. If you join the gym just remember it takes 25-30 days to create a habit. By Jan 31st you could be over the 30 day hump!
3) Lose a few pounds. Battle of the Bulge can start now. Small simple actions now, such as replacing all soda with water or replacing the afternoon Grande Caramel Mocha for a yogurt and green tea and you will already have lost a few by January 31st.
4) Quit smoking. This is a hard one. Addictions are tough to kick during the stressful holiday season. But here is something you can do now to position yourself for success:
S = Set a quit date.
T = Tell family, friends, and co-workers that you plan to quit.
A = Anticipate and plan for the challenges you'll face while quitting.
R = Remove cigarettes and other tobacco products from your home, car, and work.
T = Talk to your doctor about getting help to quit. http://www.helpguide.org/mental/quit_smoking_cessation.htm
5) Get Organized. This new year, getting more organized in my home is going to be my NYR. I am serious! I had Closet Works, a local family-owned business, come by my home to give me an estimate on custom fitting my small condo style closets. Installation was on 12/30 ! (Blog on that coming soon!)
Getting a head start on your resolution will increase the chances of a successful new year. Tell me what your New Year's Resolution will be this year.