Need a staycay? Why not consider a family day trip to Gettysburg? The annual Gettysburg Festival, a 10-day arts fest that runs from June 18-27, offers a unique experience that can satisfy your family staycation criteria:
- It's not too far. Gettysburg is about a two and a half hour drive from Philadelphia
- The festival will feature 800 artists and performers, with Philly's Kevin Eubanks (from the Tonight Show) giving a special performance on Saturday, June 26.
- Local wineries will be highlighted
- Jazz music fans will love the tunes
- Former White House Chef to the Clinton’s, Walter Scheib, will be creating 10 unique culinary events including a North/South” family-style dinner for 400 people
- There's plenty of history to school the kids with, along with children's programs and art exhibits
A full list of events can be found on the Gettysburg Festival site.
View Larger Map